- Bills are mailed on the first for Cycle One and the fifteenth for Cycle Two. It is the customer's responsibility to contact our office should you not receive your bill within 5 days of the mailings.
- Net bills are due and payable on or before the due date.
- Please return the correct portion of your bill when making payment so that your account may be property credited.
- Automatic bank draft is available to qualified customers. Please inquire at the main office.
A check or automatic bank draft that has been returned to WSB by the bank is due and payable immediately in CASH ONLY, plus an additional check service charge.
If a customer disputes a bill for any reason, they shall discuss the bill with the office staff. If the office staff and customer are unable to agree on the bill, the customer may discuss the matter with the Supervisor of Customer Services, or the Manager. If the dispute involving the bill is not resolved at this point, the customer may present his dispute to the Board itself at its next regular board meeting. If a customer is pursuing this process, service may not be disconnected until the process has been exhausted. The customer must act promptly in pursuing this procedure.
- WSB bills monthly for water service (plus utility tax), as well as for sewer services where available, and for fire line charges where available. The minimum charge for water/sewer is based on 3,000 gallons. All in excess of this will be charged according to the current applicable rate schedule(s).
- The WSB also bills for the City of Talladega for weekly curb-side garbage pick-up and monthly trash service for all residential customers within the City Limits. Garbage calls should be directed to 256-362-4439.
- All water meters are controlled by a cut-off valve located within the meter box. This valve is the property of WSB and a fee will be charged if this valve is broken, or request made for its replacement. The customer is required to install a separate cut-off valve in a location outside the meter box for their own use. Pressure regulator on customers private service line is suggested but not required.
- Any type of sprinkler system or fire protection system shall also require an approved backflow prevention device on customers line prior to connection of WSB services.
- A credit on excess sewer charges may be available for the filling of swimming pools, new lawn work, etc. Please call the main office for more information.
- Credits for leaks are at the discretion of the Water & Sewer Board. Customer must provide documentation of repairs, as well as proof of private cut-off and other information as may be required.
- Customer may also be subject to additional fees as may be established by WSB.